2020 Homecoming Parade Float Rider Entry Form
Anyone wishing to enter a vehicle in the Homecoming Parade must fill out and return the entry form to your building-level secretary by 3 pm on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2020. No vehicles will be allowed to enter the parade after this time.
All FLOAT RIDERS must register by 3 pm on Wednesday, October 28, 2020. No one will be allowed to ride on a float without completing this registration.
By completing this registration, you agree to allow your son/daughter to participate in the Catholic High School Homecoming parade to be held at CHS/Bank Street/Main Street/St. Peter Street/Center Street Route on SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2020, at 5:30 pm. You further agree that:
- you have reviewed the full rules and regulations below with your child and will insist that he/she follow them;
- you grant chaperones permission to seek medical treatment for your child if needed.
Homecoming Parade Rules
Some rules and regulations are still being worked out due to COVID restrictions. The parade has not yet been approved by the city. These will be published and sent prior to the parade. Standard guidelines from years past appear below. PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE CHANGES DUE TO COVID.
- Students may ride in the parade as a class on a flatbed (only if it has side railings). The large vehicles carrying classes must have a minimum of two adult chaperones including one teacher. Students must not ride on the top of the cabs of trucks or on top of hoods or trunks of cars.
- YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO THROW APPROVED MATERIAL DURING THE PARADE. Float riders are reminded that some throws, including Tootsie Rolls and other small candy, are not allowed by the City of New Iberia due to clean-up concerns.
- WHEN WE ARE DRIVING TO OUR MAIN STREET DESTINATION THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO THROWING. DISCIPLINARY CONSEQUENCES WILL BE GIVEN.
- No one will be allowed to leave during school hours on the day of the parade to obtain materials for decorations.
- A map of the parade route will be given to all participating vehicles as well as instructions for lining up. All floats and will receive a number for lining up in the parade.
- Trash cans have been provided on the parade grounds for last-minute decorating items. Please make use of these and help us present a tidy campus for the visitors that evening.
- On the evening of the parade, everyone should report to his or her vehicles for instructions by the parade marshal and police no later than 5:00 pm. Vehicles can begin lining up in the designated area at 3:30 pm and drivers must be in their vehicles in line by 5:15 pm.
- Students are reminded that once the parade is in progress, they are to remain in their designated positions. They are to drive slowly and with great caution. Since this is a school event all school rules apply.
- APPROPRIATE MUSIC IS ACCEPTED. IF WE HEAR ANY MUSIC THAT DOES NOT FIT OUR STANDARDS WE WILL ASK YOU TO TURN OFF ALL MUSIC. REMEMBER, EVEN EDITED VERSIONS OF SONGS CAN STILL BE EXPLICIT.
- Remember that your appearance and behavior portray to our community the true spirit of an enthusiastic Homecoming on a Christian campus.